I am really like the improvements in Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2. Its faster than Beta 1 but the start up time was crap. Just plain tortoise slow!
A quick glance around the web brought me to a post by Jaime Rodriguez about to speed up VS 2010 Beta 2
You need to add a new registry key to do this: WARNING DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND WHAT EDITING THE REGISTRY WILL DO IF YOU SCREW IT UP!!!!!!! <—Bold type and lots of exclamation marks mean you need to read this!
1. Close any open VS instances
2. Open RegEdit (as an administrator as needed)
3. Select the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0 key
4. Right click and add key, type ClrHost
5. In the newly created key, right click and add a DWORD32 with the name StartupFlags
6. Set its value to 5
7. Close RegEdit
8. Start up Visual Studio and use as normal
This decreases the start up time considerably. On my hardware it took 25 seconds to open now its down to 2 seconds.
Additional information can be found here