As expected, the exams for Visual Studio 2010 / .NET 4.0 will be going into beta in the end of March, March 31st to be exact through to April 20th. This will mean that given previous exam schedules the exams should go live around 8 to 10 weeks from the end of the beta period so expect to mid to end of June 2010.
Beta exams allow you to take the exam for free in its raw unfinished state and help set the bar for the exams when the go live. As part of getting the exam for free, you should give feedback on the exam and item quality.
The exams currently slated for beta in this timeframe are
- 70-511 TS: Windows Applications Development with Microsoft® .NET Framework 4
- 70-513 TS: Windows Communication Foundation Development with Microsoft® .NET Framework 4
- 70-515 TS: Web Applications Development with Microsoft® .NET Framework 4
- 70-516 TS: Accessing Data with Microsoft® .NET Framework 4
- 70-519 Pro: Designing and Developing Web Applications using Microsoft® .NET Framework 4
With 70-518 Pro: Designing and Developing Windows® Applications using Microsoft .NET Framework 4 being scheduled for sometime in April.